1. Taga Bike - A combination luxury stroller and carrier bike, this takes walking your baby to another level. Available in red, orange, green and blue, you can also purchase additional attachments such as a carseat adaptor, shopping basket, second child seat and a wooden double seat – my personal favorite. Check out the very cool video to see just how quick and easy it is to covert.
2. Cardboard Bike by Phil Bridge, a 21 year old design student at Sheffield Hallam University. During his 3 year program at school, he built this bike for only £15! It’s made completely of cardboard save for the tires and chain. The cardboard used is obviously super strong and is usually used in partition walls. Another very good snippet here – this one from the BBC on the boy and his bike.
3. Yike Bike by Grant Ryan -This electric folding bike was designed by electrical engineer Grant Ryan in Christchurch New Zealand, after getting fed up by the traffic (Has he seen the traffic here?). It folds down small enough to fit under your desk at work, so no worries about parking or bike theft. I dare you to watch this video and not want a Yike Bike immediately
4. Republic Bikes - You can choose between the sexy and classic Plate Dutch Bike and the funky Aristotle Fixed Gear Bike. Best of all, the frame, tires and seat come in different colors. A vintage bike look-alike that you can personalize for only $399.
5. Wood Bike by 16 year old Marco Facciola – Another creative young man, this time using 100% wood – even the chain! The wooden wheels were inspired by his grandfather who was forced to make similar ones during the war because of the shortage of rubber.