I’ve always loved wallpaper. It’s instant art on the wall that can transform a space that has no interest or character. There are so many styles, patterns and colorways available on the market today, that the possibilities are endless. Whether you choose to decorate only one wall or splurge for the entire room, here are some of my top picks.
1) Graham and Brown’s “Frame” Wallpaper – Who wouldn’t love this? It’s completely interactive for the kid at heart. You can draw, paint or even add your own pictures to complete this incredible user-friendly gallery. Great for kid’s rooms, playrooms, or even in the hallway to display sepia-tone or black and white family photographs.
2) Deborah Bowness’ “Books” or “Wallpaper Frocks”. It’s a toss up between the two. They are both hand printed by this designer and completely original. Perfect for a little nook or an awkward area that needs some personality.
3) Cavern Home’s “Blackbird”- This is available in 5 different colorways, and would make a great whimsical addition to a residential or commercial space. I’m a sucker for prints featuring birds or trees, and I love the way this speaks to the Japanese sensibility of bringing the outdoors in.
4) de Gournay’s “Chinoiserie”. All hand painted masterpieces, these stunning prints could be put up in a windowless room, transforming the feeling to airy and bright. There are several patterns and colors to choose from, and could even buy a panel and frame it. Yes it’s birds and trees again. I told you I have a problem.
5) Sherwin Williams “Easy Change”. I love the lattice pattern (#SW8EG5315) from the Kathy Ireland Grand Estates easy change book in the Cream/Off White colorway. What’s great about this line is it is a temporary wall covering. For those of you that are renting or don’t want the commitment of wallpaper, it is easily removable. Now that’s brilliant.